Have you figured out what you are going to do yet Kelly? I read the whole thread for a third time and just shook my head. If I were on a F800 this is what I would do:
1)Make sure the bike is in the best shape it can be in. Get a can of Silkalen chain lube( It stays on the chain and cuts down on lubing it so often)
2) If the seat is not comfortable, make it comfortable.
3) If you can mount highway pegs & a taller shield do it, so you can move around.
4) Put a throttle lock of some kind on the bike.
5) Mount a tankbag low on the tank so you can lay on it.
For me the bike is the most important part of the trip(Break downs suck) 6-13 just make it more comfortable!
6) Take fireballs or some sour drops for when you get tired, but not sleepy.
7) When you get sleepy, either stop in a rest stop and snooze or stop for the day.
8) Ride the speed limit, you get better fuel mileage. Gas stops kill your MPH average.
9) I stop at McD's for lunch, get a McDouble and drink the heck out of Powerade to rehydrate.
10) Fill the tank the night before and start early in the morning (4 or 5am) before taffic gets heavy.
11) I avoid toll roads, because I am cheap and I find that they do not save time.
12) I will not eat anything that is dehydrated, it robbs your body of moisture.
13) Lastly, the week before your trip, go out each evening and ride your bike 40-50 miles, that will prepare the butt.