View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWorkSon View Post
Can anyone answer this....?

Ive seen, heard, held, and installed quite a few different exhaust brands for various bikes.

Other than build material(titanium vs CF vs aluminum vs stainless) why the vast differences in price?

Why is a Remus slipon $700+ vs the LV at $300+?

I've installed cheap slipons and the build quality was just the same, with a similar sound, as more pricey slip-ons. I know that these companies are not using some special technology that cheaper exhausts don't have. A slip-on is a pretty simple concept, basically a lighter less restrictive version of the stock setup. So why the higher price.

What would be the benefit of going to a Remus slip-on over a LV? Just curious if anyone can enlighten me as to if there is something better about them, other than paying a premium for a label
I totally agree and I have found no major differences to justify that extra cost. The only difference that you can easily find out is the build quality and craftsmanship. Most people buy what they like aesthetically and fits their budget. I have a full Titanium race exhaust on my S1000RR, which was $1800, almost $500 cheaper than Akrapovic, but costlier than some other cheaper brands. If you are looking to get an aftermarket exhaust, you can't go wrong with any good branded exhaust (exclude the cheap fleabay ones from your shopping list).