View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #19
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acampao View Post
I would like to hear first hand experiences from people actually doing it. It's obviously illegal but you can probably get away with it. Most important question is, do you want to have a criminal record of unpaid tickets behind you as you travel the world? Are you just quitting after this ride and never show up again in any country you traveled through? If so, I would like to be remembered for more enjoyable offenses... What do you want to be the script in your tombstone?
I have no problem with paying for tickets I deserve. I'm used to dealing with local Policia in Baja California where you you have to pay the "mordida" for running a red light or stop sign that isn't there. Usually you ask if you could pay the fine to the officer who pulled you over and he "takes care of it" for you. Funny, how you can get the fine reduced on the spot from $100 down to $20 by showing an empty wallet.

So I guess the question is how legitimate are the traffic stops? Is the corruption bad enough that these guys/municipalities are using tourists as geese with golden eggs? If so then a bogus copy would be fine by me along with continuing out of the country. If it is legit, then my bad, give him the bogus copy and then go pay the fine.

Strong Bad screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 05:11 PM
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote