View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #24
intr1gue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
+1

LJRAT, absolutely. I'm frequently reminded by those familiar with the old ways that there was once no such thing as a road bike, or race bike, or street bike or dual sport...they were all just bikes, and people made do with what they had. My exwife's first "dual sport" was an Yamaha SRX250, which she took over hill and dale in New England without much problem at all...although when she finally got on an F650GS the experience was familiar yet shockingly easier. The new kit has made things easier...in specific and highly limited ways. This isn't a knock, just an observation. However, it does prompt questions like these, particularly for the GS which is such a utility bike, but isn't really awesome except when averaged (which you never end up doing with a bike...except in one's memory, or at the campfire, or when putting up an ad for the thing on ADVRider =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJRAT View Post
Good answer, Its a perplexing question. My first Adventure Tourer was a 1968 CL350, so an F8 is definitely a Rolls Royce-Caddy compared to that bike !
intr1gue is online now   Reply With Quote