View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #142
blacktruck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Stain View Post
iDave is the perfect example of "It's not the destination, it's the journey." His journeys are more introspective and more meaningful than any others I have read. I would rather read one of Dave's RRs - and see how he views the world and interacts with people he meets, Julie and his kids than an epic RTW trip.

I meant it when I said I wanted to be like Dave when I grew up. He can take more from a casual interaction than I ever could. He is an inspiration.
Well said C-Stain.
I couldn't agree more. Been reading as many of the RRs as I can since I've found this place and here is my take on them. Many have wonderful pictures of fascinating places and things to see that I don't think I could ever see if I started right now to get them all in. The ones I like the best are the ones that talk about the journey and not the many sightseeing stops along the way. The journey for me is the interaction you have with those you meet along the way. Dave does a heck of a job recounting that for the rest of us if you ask me. I don't think you can write something like this without showing the world a little peek into your soul. Something about the character of a man comes to mind here. Heck of a story he is writing about his life. I'm pretty sure his kids are proud of him.