View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #143
Worroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
They did not well here so they are dirt cheap. Do you like yours. I am close to getting one as it seems like the best way to get that motor in a usable package. I have a 1200 Multistrada so the Tiger is not needed. I want a sport touring bike and this seems like a nice package for the money
The GT? It's a great tourer for the MSRP, and at the discounts they are giving away it's a steal. I got mine at a hefty discount. With whats on the market right now I would still go with the GT, even at full MSRP. This new Tiger would be the only bike to change that, but they are really similar bikes, the Tiger Sport wins on adjustable suspension and the trip computer functions look better. Take the bags off and the GT is just a large comfortable sportbike. Put the bags and optional top case on and you can live on the thing. I've always went with the 4 cylinder side of the 2 vs 4 debate, but now that I have a three cylinder it's the best of both. Great wide power curve, but with the RPM's to back it up. 1/4 mile in 10.88, 0-60 in 3.19, and I get over 50 MPG on trips, and mid forties in my commute. And servicing looks super easy. I haven't done anything to it except lifting the gas tank, but once you lift the tank out of the way the top of the engine is right there.
Here's a great write-up on it- http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval...bTriumphGT.pdf
2011 Sprint GT, 2000 Moto Guzzi Jackal, 1981 Honda CB750F, 1957 BSA Bantam D3 restoration project, Past bikes -2008 Kawasaki KLR650, 1986 Honda Shadow VT1100C, 1998 Honda Shadow Aero VT1100C3, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14,1980 Yamaha XT500
Worroll is offline   Reply With Quote