View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl_Biker View Post
Hi Kev,

I'm about to place a large order for a bunch of stuff from you guys and didn't know you had this cable/connector. Would you please clarify what you mean by "euro light bulb socket"? The BMW bikes I've had so far (will be getting my new 2013 F800GS in a couple of weeks) have had a special connector hidden usually under the tank or near the battery compartment which is supposedly used for GPS. I can't remember exactly what the connector looked like but I've gotten it from my BMW dealer and used that to feed my fuse panel relay. Is this what your gadget does? Is that what you're calling the euro light bulb socket?

Also, may I veer a bit off topic by asking you about your Denali D2D light kit? Does it include a switch and mounting hardware for the 2013 F800GS?

Thanks.
The Euro Light is a small bulb in the headlight cluster (below the main bulb on the F800GS).

As for the Denali D2D - the included harness has a lighted switch. We have not figured out a way to make one light mount that fits all applications or that would be in the kit as well. We have several universal options but in the case of the F800GS you're lucky. We have a bike-specific mount that looks like this:

Shown with a PIAA light but can be used to mount most auxiliary lights

Some universal motorcycle light mount options you can explore are these:
I hope this helps. If you want feel free to call our toll-free customer service line. 855-255-5550. Those guys have a lot of information and are happy to help figure it all out.

Kevin