View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #339
justlookin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Hope I havn't killed this thread - seems I have been the final post on quite a few. I have a few questions after going thru this thread.

Geek - I am wanting to do the same as you to get this bike minimumly street legal and not add a bunch of weight - don't think I will add turn signals, but will need horn, mirror, brake and license plate light etc.

Questions:

Would like to use stock tail light and understand that it has built in brake light? What do you use for a license plate holder?

Looking at the front master cylinder looks like I can mount a micro switch for a brake light switch - I am assuming that is what KTM uses, should I order up a stock KTM part and is the stocker waterproof or is it just a standard old micro switch that I can pick up locally? I see hydraulic switches are available but I have had failures over the years and think I would prefer mechanical.

I want to install a key switch and would like some feedback if anyone uses the HDB setup - guess I am also kicking around the EXC stocker. Also where can I find a schematic for this bike - don't see one in the service manual.

How do you like the Eline skid plate - think that is what I have on my CRF and I have liked it.

Finally you have a picture of a Waterproof fuse holder - where to get those - searched Ebay and only found rubber boot units.

Thanks in advance.
justlookin is offline   Reply With Quote