View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
Mtl_Biker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Picard, can you tell me if that GPS connector maintains power for about 30 seconds or so after shutting off the ignition? That's what it does with my K1300GT and it's starting to bug me. I have LED brake/running lights at the back and LED visibility lights in front as well as my GPS and because I feed them from my fuse block which uses that GPS line as the trigger, they stay on for about 30 seconds after turning the bike off. And in many cases I'd rather not draw attention to myself and the bike after shutting down.

For me if the F800GS wire worked that way, it would be reason for me to search for another option.

(Not that I'd ever do it, but imagine if you're being chased for speeding at night and you get ahead and turn off into a dark alley and shut down, only to have all your farkle lights stay on announcing your presence. :) )

And I can't tell you how many times people have told me I left my lights on after I've walked away from the bike.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard View Post
If you are buying a fuze block, don't use the light canbus connector, but use the GPS connector as a switched trigger for the fuze block. The other thread has the cable in question. No need to drill your light housing this way
Yes, the power for the fuze block comes directly from the battery, and the trigger comes from the +12V wire off the GPS connector - there is only one that carries a +12V signal -IIRC it's the one labeled #3 but please check.
It's really easy to hook up nothing to it.
My Fuze Block *just* fits in the space under the battery ("tank") cover if you take the backing plate off and replace it with velcro.
Mtl_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote