View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #41
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by David13 View Post
I rode last April to Cabo from here. Returning just north of Catavina I stopped to put on my rain pants. A girl in a Toyota 4 Runner was stopped, her front smashed in.
What did you hit I says. A vaca. Two actually. And there is one of them. With huge horns.
Standing there looking at us. Her truck didn't run but she insisted someone was coming to help her.
Earlier the day before I saw a dead one laying by the side of the road, just north of Mulege.
But like someone else said they are everywhere. I saw a dead one in Utah last year, and I always see a bunch of live ones on Caliente/Bodfish.
I have come within inches of hitting deer, dogs, cows, bulls, and a car or two, and more.
Sooner or later my number will come up.
dc
BODFISH! I love that road. Have you seen it on a map? It looks like a STRAIGHT shortcut to the main road. That road is WAY scarier than the main road in Baja....WAY........I love it! That type of technical riding is right up my alley.
Yeah, you go to the ER in Guerro Negro and they just nod and say Las Vacas, even all the people in the waiting room...tut tut tut, shake thier heads and say Las Vacas. I've always been pretty darn good about it, but this one got me, or I got her!
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote