View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #41
Hoonatic Ty OP
TEN660

Oddometer: 96
On the road again.

After my 5 weeks at sea I was certainly ready to get back on the road.

I had given the Tenere a birthday whilst she was in Darwin, new battery (I'm trying one of those Lithium Ion units, wow! So light and so much smaller!), new tires and heavy duty tubes front and rear and a oil and filter change. So both of us were set, primed and eager to go.

It was a short ride down to Adelaide River from Darwin where I was to meet up with Hydro at his cattle trucking yard. Most of the 100km ride was in torrential wet season rain but nothing could dampen my spirits, in fact, with the humidity it was welcomed. I was grinning away in my helmet the whole way.

It had been a couple of years since we had seen each other, but as always it was like yesterday. After 20 years of talking about it, the realization that it was all finally going to happen was fantastic. Two Aussie lads living a dream, a promise, a wish.

Hydro and I just before we rode out of his trucking yard.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Hoonatic Ty is offline   Reply With Quote