View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #92
johnpitts01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallydog View Post
nice one. if someone wanted to duplicate your ride is there anything you would you tell them to do differently? what dates were you actually riding?

Up to this point in the ride report - no difference. I would not propose anything different.
Definitelly ride the route north to south. A couple of upcoming sections you won't want to be riding in the opposite direction.

And you might want to do something a bit different the last few days. Dont want to spoil the upcoming report from the Cap'n.
We went the first two weeks of September. The beginning of the ride was Labor Day Weekend.

Last bit of advice - take a light bike. While Mike P did it on the big GS it is not a trip for everyone to make on a big bike. Mike is the youngest and strongest of our group.

One more thing. I dont think you will see any other ride reports of someone or a group doing the WABDR and the OBDR back to back. It's a workout.

Someone asked about the Wolfman bags. The Ortliebs I have on the WR have been with me now a number of years and have a hole here and there as well as some of the straps are broken. Before this trip I ordered the Wolfman racks as I am sure to replace the Ortlieb's. I just bought the Wolfman's from an inmate. Great bags for this kind of riding.

I told ya DP was gonna tease us. Gonna keep everyone hangin on while he is sailing some stupid ship or something.
johnpitts01 is offline   Reply With Quote