View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #24
gumbellion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Trip planning help for Bears/Chief

I am in the process of planning a trip this summer/fall and got to the point where I was debating on the Chief vs Bears tooth. So now I think I am decided that I will do the chief then turn to red lodge. I am also thinking maybe I will ride them both ways. I will be coming from the east and passing through grey bull after heading through the big horn area. Then heading back east on my way home.
So I have a few questions
1. Should I plan to do both directions of the road in one day, or try and plan to do one direction late on day, then the other direction the next morning
2. Is there gas between cody and Red Lodge (im thinking no) so that will mean getting a couple gallons of fuel on the bike since the best I can figure is 170 miles between the 2
3. If I go Cody->Red Lodge-> Cody do any of you have a route suggestion from cody to I94. This will be where I start my return trip home. And as brutal as it sounds I will be slabbing it back through ND to MN to get home a bit quicker
Thanks

Here is what I am thinking for now. I will probably trailer the bike to Fargo, leave the cage there, and trailer back home. I have ridding all over MN and that way I can get some miles behind me by leaving after work

gumbellion screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 08:30 AM
gumbellion is offline   Reply With Quote