View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #26
gumbellion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
I was planning to hit up yellowstone but through reading I think I will aviod it. Being bumper to bumper with vechiles and people isnt my idea of a good time and paying park entry and paying to camp if I so desire. Ide rather burn up a bush road and set the hammock out with a couple beer
Right now my route is right around 3800 km and I am looking at 8 days not counting the frst 400km from Fort Frances to Fargo that I will do after work
So 3500km in 8 days seems like I will have lots of time to explore if i even only aim for 5 hrs in the saddle a day
If the first time I am looking to go dosent work out I will have a stretch of 11 days to burn in august where I would look to expand the ride into yellow stone /utah/idahoe then to billings and home

I originally thought it was 170 miles from cody to red lodge. But its more like 170km. So with that new news from google maps I wouldnt be worried about gas. I can get 180 before the light comes on and will have 1/2 a gallon in MSR bottle just in case
gumbellion is online now   Reply With Quote