View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #102
DockingPilot OP
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,383
Day 4 continued

We set out for the much touted , challenging 'steep and rocky sections of our trip starting with Umtanum Ridge on the Old Durr Rd.

But 1st, I just had to have Chevron with Techron since we can't get it here in NJ (so Im a little anal), the other grabbed 1st gas available. Consequently I was a good 15 minutes behind them. Again, never an issue with us, in fact we kinda relish it

Alone, I can see a ways and know the 3 musketeers are pretty far ahead. The landscape turns rocky, lunar, alien like if you follow me.
Feeling alone, I shut the bike off to feel ...................even more alone. Except for the solar winds......eh, I mean except for the wind, there was dead silence. Just the slow crackle of my cooling DR650 single.
I was just loving life right now fellas. I tell ya. It's moment like this that are very rare for me.

Down in the bottom of that gulch (Devils Gulch ?) is a creek and small oasis from the sun baked rocky almost desert like landscape.
I was all alone with my thoughts........

"They had been through of course, their tracks giving them away to my keen eye. I would hunt them down like dogs and gain the bounty on each of them outlaws"......
Oh, ah, never mind that.

Heres some shot of the boys prior to my arrival at the creek.

Now me having a better eye for entertainment then my partners
actually took the trouble to shoot video. True, they were way out ahead, I was alone, this is all true.
Whats that ?
How did I soot the vid if I was alone ?
oh, ah, ahemm, lets not worry about that, just enjoy the clip eh.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 04:02 PM
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote