View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #6920
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky TFS View Post
More testing at home:
Opened BaseCamp, set activity to Automobile Driving and map to CNNA.
Created route with 202 points and 103 via points and sent it to Montana
On Montana, set profile to Topo (Topo USA and route activity to Direct)
Upon GO, Montana shows route with 103 points, no limits.
Reset Montana to Automobile profile (CNNA and activity Automobile)
Reload route
Upon GO, it gives the 50 point limit message and gets in the loop between the map with the GO button and the message. I had to X back to home page where no route is active.
This is consistent with the previous test.

Test #2:
Opened BaseCamp, set activity to Direct and map to USA Topo.
Created route with 131 points and sent it to Montana
On Montana, set profile to Topo (Topo USA and route activity to Direct)
Upon GO, Montana shows route with 131 points, no limits. ( I haven't tested for 250+, but I'll bet it is a limit because when I first got it a year ago I tried importing some 300+ point routes from Mapsource and they were all truncated at 250.)
Reset Montana to Automobile profile (CNNA and route activity Automobile)
Part way through the profile change, it gives the 50 via point limit message and gets in the loop between the map with the GO button and the message. I had to X back to home page where no route is active.

Just for grins, I then went to Setup-Routing and changed the activity to direct, with the CNNA map still enabled:
Re-clicked that route and hit GO....No 50 point limit. Changed it back to Automobile driving and the 50 point message appeared instantly.

SO, it seems to be the routing activity in route setup on the unit that is the controlling factor, not the map itself.

Also, I believe that if you set the routing activity to Direct, no matter what map is enabled, you WILL NOT get turn by turn directions....(fairly well understood behavior).

Hope this helps SOMEBODY!!!

PS, for those who haven't read ALL 459 pages of this thread , whenever you send a route with a direct activity to the Montana, it is editable and reversible. When you send one with auto or motorcycle or other custom activity that doesn't use direct routing, it will NOT be editable or reversable.
Hey Rocky, if you woudl care to email me one of your 300+ point routes (to emoto1 at gmail dot com) , I would like to try importing it into my Zumo 350LM, just to see (and report) what happens. When I pulled in Darryl's 52 point route, it automatically made it into 2 routes. It would be cool to know if it would make a larger one into however many...

UPDATE: I pulled a 911 point route into a Zumo 350 and posted results in the 350 discussion thread here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20668779

Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF

Emoto screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 05:16 AM
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote