View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #181
Deacon66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
Well the accident happened on the 23rd of September and this is what it looks like 5 weeks later. Pretty good considering how screwed up it was. I have been off the pain meds completely for about a week and a half and I am pretty happy about that...I hate being on meds of any kind! I have one more week until I can start putting some weight on it. Screws will be coming out the week before Christmas which will most likely set me back a bit but still heading towards the light. It's still going to be a while until I can ride again but the preparations have begun. Every since I put the new shocks on the ADV it has been a bit tall especially along with the aftermarket seat...tip toes both sides. That hasn't really bothered me much but with the foot injury I think it's time to bring it down a bit. I plan on sending my shock back for a rebuild and have them shim it so as to bring the seat height down by 3/4" of an inch and also have a seat built on a low seat base which I hope will give me 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch additional. That should take some of the pressure off my foot and make it a bit easier to handle with my weakened leg. All I can say is when I get a green light to ride I may just have to head to Key West for a little head clearing.
Bruce, when you make the trip, let me know, I'm on the way in south Florida... Could turn into a group ride? Glad you are planning for future rides, helps with the recovery. IMO. Hang in there and get well soon.
2011 Ninja 1000
2013 HD Softail Slim
Deacon66 is offline   Reply With Quote