View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Sub Zero OP
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 731
ntm WR250-Z dual sport. looking for mods, tips, and suggestions

I picked up a WR250-Z 2 stroke a few weeks back, I intend on getting a plate for it and commuting on it. There are those of you out there that will say it cant be done and thats a bad idea, but ive done it before with a 1984 IT490 and absolutely loved that bike. Ive always been a big 4t guy and its been a while since ive had a 2 stroke in my garage. (let alone a kick only bike. i've gotten used to electric starting). I dont really have too much trouble starting it cold, though after running and riding it for a while, if i shut it off, i very rarely can get it started again. the bike is bone stock. the previous owner said he never did any rebuilds on it yet it seems to run just fine. though are there any performance mods or reliability mods i can install or buy to make starting easier? another concern is getting the best fuel mileage i can. I dont want to eat up my gas money. anyone familiar with this bike? tips? suggestions? mods to do? im all ears!

pic
bike looks a little rough but i intend to replace all the plastics, including put on a more appropriate headlight to replace the shitty hack job the prev owner did in his backyard. that wet spot under the bike is not from the WR. its from a potted plant i moved to lean the bike against the wall.

"Great! What am I supposed to use now?! Harsh language?!?!?"
- Duke Nukem
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote