View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #906
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 724
HEY! Who gave Cliff credibility here? I'm going to have to talk to the Credibility Department.

At this point, anytime somebody has a question, Cliff is supposed to say, "It's the CDI, stupid." Even if it is regarding foot pegs.

Speaking of Cliff; this is the best I could manage after repeated passes up this hill because of the poor photoreceptor in my much abused camera. (There's no way that it could be my poor photography skills)

BWSwamper,

I am disappointed but not entirely surprised that the price of the 12" option is unrealistic for most BW owners. It would be really hard for a 200 owner to justify the price relative to the total value of the bike. It would be fairly close to $250 for us in AK once the shipping was calculated. I know that Cliff was prepared to order a half dozen or more, but even his resources may be strained by that bill.

Is the 10" option more affordable? I imagine that it would be if all they had to do was change the pattern for the lugs to 125mm.

Looking back through my emails, I determined that it was ITP that wanted a commitment to 1000 units before considering a custom order. My inquiries to Douglas came to a dead end when their customer rep couldn't tell me what the diameter of the opening of the A5 wheels was because they didn't have the engineering drawings.

Shercoman had to modify the opening to make the ITP wheel work. Do you know if the sprocket carrier can pass through the opening of the Douglas A5?

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 12:30 AM
Mr. BigWheel is offline   Reply With Quote