View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #80
Qaz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Kelly- Don't pack your suite with ice. If it is in a plastic bag it will sweat, it is even worse if it is loose. Either way you are screwed if the water gets to the place you are sitting, then it is called diaper rash and that would make for a VERY UNPLEASENT TRIP!! When it is that hot that I need cooling, I don't wear a jacket. I take a good heavy sweat shirt, soak it in water, wring it out pretty good and just wear that. Instant A/C and a heavy sweat shirt will hold enough water without dripping that it lasts for a while. Now I have a jacket made by Nike for runners that blocks the heat of the sun, but lets air flow freely through it. It is like riding with no shirt on a cool evening, even on the hottest days.
Alcan rider gave me some good advice for a planned trip to Alaska, make a list of everything you think you will need, then cut it in half. You are over thinking this! It is 2 1/2 days, travel light! The first year I rode to Sturgis, the bike looked like a pack mule. The next year I put one change of clothes in Walmart bag, strapped it on with the tent and sleeping bag and left. A week and a half later I was home. Guess which trip I enjoyed better?
Qaz is offline   Reply With Quote