View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
gharnden
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Ferry very enjoyable after days on mc-Try the Fast Ferries

I realize your question pertains to the quickest way to get there but for a lot of us that ride up from the lower 48, the ferry is very enjoyable and beautiful after being on our bikes for 2-3 weeks. There are a couple of fast ferrys that you can use. For example, in 2011, we took the fast ferry from Haines to Juneau and then another fast ferry from Juneau to Sitka. From there on down, I do not think was such a thing as a fast ferry. The fast ferrys cut the time in half. If you are on your bike, you might get off at Prince Rupert and ride the rest of the way (of course, that depends on where you are going). I always tried to book it myself and always found out by calling the Alaska Marine Highway directly they not only helped with the connections, time, etc., it also saved me money. Check into the fast ferries and connections as you may have already done that. Again, the ride from Haines/Skagway to Prince Rupert is amazing, at least for those of us that do not get to experience the Alaska coast very often.
gharnden is offline   Reply With Quote