View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #18347
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Boundsy looks back:

“Doctors told me I could’ve been paralysed at any second,” the 40-year-old daredevil said on his return to Merthyr. “It was a quad bike and it came out of nowhere. It cut straight into my path and totally wiped me out.

“I did a big somersault over the handlebars and landed on the dirt. I lost the feeling in my arm for a while, but once I got myself up, I somehow managed to keep going.”

. . .

“I finished second overall in the Malle Motor time trial,” he said. “I made the decision not to call for air assistance because I didn’t want to quit but, in hindsight, I definitely should have stopped.”

X-rays at the University Hospital of Wales discovered three large fractures in his neck, which could have paralysed him if fell badly again.

Read more: Wales Online http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/so...#ixzz2K7zbNz3o

spoke to craig earlier today he's got 4 and a half months in a neck brace and he's got a very weak left arm (he cant open a packet of crisps/chips with it at the moment)

he apparently padded up his neck brace while he was riding to support his head and neck

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote