View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #11
Eddy Alvarez OP
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
maybe their riding characteristics and ownership experience is what you're drawn to.
Very true, I love the feel of R-bikes. As mentioned, I enjoy the GS lifestyle (i.e. social events my dealer puts on, weekend trips, local rallies, the GS Trophy Challenges, BMW MOA rallies, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomochila View Post
Own sixteen now and have owned as much as twenty five at one time.
Yikes! You too must have a great wife...and much deeper pockets than me! I'm a one streetbike, one dirtbike and one little bike for my son kind of guy...The battery tenders, taxes, paperwork, state inspections, insurance, servicing would be too expensive and too much of a hassle!

As far as the Moto Guzzi goes, I owned a Guzzi Bassa (think Harley Fatboy with motor turned 90 degrees). It cruised on the highway beautifully, it handles well but that transmission! It felt like somebody had tossed two handfuls of large rocks in the gearbox! CHUNK-CLUNKgrind-grind!

Since I actually use my GS alot off road, I am leaning towards a F800GS, I rode one last Fall, I loved the narrowness of the bike, the lighter weight but getting used to the more sensitive clutch would take a while...
I am leaning towards a 800GS