Thread: New FARKLE's!!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #10
TuonoBiker OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman8 View Post
+1 on the crampbuster. They are just plain dangerous. That damn thing about caused me to wreck and does not allow good throttle control. I think i still have mine in a box somewhere you can have. I have the Kaoko and like it, but the new guy on the block (forget the name) who claims 1/4 turn to lock seems much nicer if it works.
So you like the crampbuster or the kaoko style lock? I'm confused...

I ended up with the Bob's BMW 60 dollar lock. It locks the opposite direction of the throttle. I like it...haven't ridden with it as its like 10 degrees and snowy. You really need to want to lock it in...it sure won't happen accidentally. Also, these locks are not super tight...well, you could crank it down, but there is no need to do that. Snug it up and you can still easily roll it forward and shutdown the gas.

Controversial piece of kit, but if used properly, it will be what I'm looking for. I have no use for it other than interstate travel. The crampbuster just plain pissed me off and was constantly in my way. After 1000 miles of use, I still didn't like it...felt like a giant wrinkle between grip and glove, always fiddling to get it in position. I'm a sportbiker by nature and like to have full grip and control on the throttle especially in the fun twisties. The CB adds this strange sensation of extra leverage, to me it was more dangerous.
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote