View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #35
craydds
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Ju View Post
Here is my method:

Once you have disconnected the flange bolts, clutch cable, throw out mechanism and airbox, brake pedal and brake rod.....

Thread a tiedown through the rear wheel over the rear fender between the seat and the tail light. Remove the swingarm pivot bolts, and pull back on the wheel. Leave the shocks hooked up. As you pull the wheel back the swing arm will slide out between the two frame crossmembers. Tighten the tie down to secure the assembly in place. I usually slide a piece of wood between the tire and the ground to give the whole mess a bit more support.
When you put it back together connect the drive shaft first and finger tighten the four flange bolts, loosen the tie down and allow the swingarm to swing forward. You may have to jiggle the wheel a bit to engage the splines at the pinion shaft.
Put everything back together and torque the four flange bolts by holding the rear brake.
It's a lot easier to thread the bolts in while the swingarm us pulled back.
+1. Well put, clear instructions. KJ, that is the way I do it, too. LLB, if you really wanted a huge amount of room, you could do it disston's way - nothing wrong with that, it is not hard, just time consuming.
ABC #12947
'75 R90S

craydds screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 12:50 PM Reason: if
craydds is offline   Reply With Quote