View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #26
mcperformance
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Thumb Sound

Hi all,
I find it interesting how people go & spend mega bucks on 2 systems that BMW sell.
Has anyone ever sort that BMW get big kick back (mark up) by selling these 2 systems.
Double the cost for 1-2 HP not good value for $$ Really.
Not to mention they con people by saying they won't cover them for warranty.
Do you really think other big companies around the world would be selling their systems if they were going to blow up the bike????
Anyway as far as noise goes everyone is different (I've had people say they want their bike louder than stock (but not harley loud) yet by the time they finish they might as well have straight pipes) How long is a piece of string.
As long as the person riding the bike is happy, that is what matters to me.
Chappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteraug02 View Post
Touratech in SEA had a nice carbon fiber pipe that sounds nice and eliminates the CAT. I heard it and liked it. I can't find it in their catalog though.

I put Remus on my Vstrom and ZTechnik on my 03 GSA. Now I have an 08 GSA and I like the stock pipe sound. When I put the ZTechnik on the 03 I noticed it said "off road only" which makes the thing illegal for street use if that ever becomes an issue.

For now I am keeping mine stock. I like the sound. I made a 3 day trip with some Harley friends with straight pipes. Cruising was no problem because they were behind but slow in town stop sign to stop sign they were obnoxious. I like quiet.

Also once you spend the bucks and put a new pipe on your bike you will only see guys with stock pipes. While you have your stock pipe you probably are seeing a lot of after market pipes.