Thread: Stealth trials?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Silencers are repack-able, you remove the rivets on the gasgas to get the cap off, 4 of them, clean the screen, stuff it with FMF or whatever you find gauze looking fiberglass, if you pack too tight or filled with stuff, might be louder. I seem to have had to re-pack after maybe 3 or just under 4 years on the 04 & same on 06, haven't had to pack the 10,11, or 12 yet.

Biiger the engine the less throttle to do same work, you as a beginner wont be doing those wind it up and dump the clutch manuvers, anytime soon.

At any rate, the sounds dont travel that bad, in Kansas City on new years day, we ride at a guys home that is in town, up near 300k or more, houses are, the neighbors don't care, in fact they come watch and eat chilli or whatever is cooking in the garage. I ride at the farm, 99% of the time you have to get within 100 yards, to find them in the woods... but granted, I dont have mountains to ride on, so have to take your experiences in to play there...

Honda is really quiet, the 4rt's, in STOCK FORM, or what I mean is, UNTIL you remove all 3 or is there 4 restrictors in the exhaust system? Which many people have done, if you keep em in (cant recall which one makes it the loudest difference either, although I was told once) it sounds like a trail 70 ish... one guy in our club has only removed one of the 3, and still is quiet. Not sure how repackable the sherco's are now that they have fancy "matching the gastank" for exhaust, type silencers...

Sting32 screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 05:10 PM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote