View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #27
Dirt_Dad OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976mike View Post
Sounds like a good trip. Have been on many of the roads in that area and am interested in the offroad pieces. Question is to bring both bikes? How much pavement will there be on the dirt rides?
Hard to say at the moment. I'm playing with different routes on the computer now and will be exploring over the next couple of months to see what works best.

I would like to include Blackwater Canyon Road (video) for the interesting but relatively easy water crossings, and my favorite border crossing road (video) because it's just plain fun. But these are pretty far apart which would mean a significant amount of pavement getting from area to the other.

Bottom line, I haven't worked out the route yet. If I had to guess there may be more pavement miles, but I hope to spend at least 50% of the riding time off pavement. I'd like the dirt ride to be interesting and not just dirt for dirt sake. Likewise, whatever pavement we must cross I want to be interesting as well. If we do the canyon road we'll also do Rt 72 (video). It may be paved, but it's fantastic.
2013 Suzuki DR650SE
Dirt_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote