My better half and I am thinking about getting F700gs for our weekend getaway & a week summer vacation.
- Me: 5 ft 7 (=175cm) / 159lbs (=72kg)
- My wife: 5 ft 5 (=167cm) / 114lbs (=51kg)
- F700gs with BMW Aluminum Panniers & Top Case with maximum 33-44lbs (=15-20kg) of camping gears
- The top cruising speed we wish: 75 mile/h (=120km/h)
=> Without much of stress on a bike and hassle on me
- Driving condition: Tarmac 80 / Formed dirt roads 20 to find a camping site
- I do not intend to go serious off-road but I might want to use this bike for transcontinental trips of North America and Europe in the near future.
I’ve read many threads about F800gs for two-up but F700gs should be different. (Maybe more similar to F650 twin?)
A dealer recommends me R1200gs for 2-up, but considering our physical sizes, I think F700gs would handle my requirements. What do you guys think? Go with F700gs? Or R1200gs is worthy investment to make?
Also, I plan to have 10-15 minutes break after two hours of riding. (Should I take a break after one hour?)
I want to hear more about your thoughts, opinions, advice and experience etc.
If you have good seat recommendations (Airhawk?) please inform me.
Thank you very much!