View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #16
KFhunter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by el queso View Post
I've never heard the 990 performance called lackluster. Just wondering, have you ever ridden one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillbeer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFhunter
The Dakar is $13,xxx for a 2011 hold over with lackluster engine performance when compared to the other flagship adventure bikes seems a bit steep..

I've never heard the 990 performance called lackluster. Just wondering, have you ever ridden one?

He's a troller.
Not a troller, I am a shopper. As I've indicated in my profile.

This is what I read:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/176/11...omparison.aspx

Quote:
The Dakar employs a 75-degree V-Twin measuring 999cc (101 x 62.4mm bore/stroke). Compared to the standard Adventure, the Dakar version has a 500-rpm higher rev ceiling which is good for extra peak horsepower. With exception to the ridiculous Ducati, the 990 put out the highest number of ponies, narrowly edging the BMW at 94.91 HP as it hits the 9400-rpm rev limiter. Torque production is a different story, however. The water-cooled engine suffers a big disadvantage at 60.85 lb-ft. Of the liter-class bikes, the Yamaha and Beemer both make 71 lb-ft and the Duc is way out in front at nearly 81 lb-ft. Combine the 573-pound testing weight and the result is the Adventure is not a fast accelerating machine. Itís the slowest in 0-60 feet, losing even to the Triumph, and also the slowest big bike in the quarter-mile.
I'm not the one whose pissed in your wheates folks, I just walked by and seen the yellow milk aftermath in that review above
KFhunter is offline   Reply With Quote