View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #17
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,240
Reading between the lines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFhunter View Post
Not a troller, I am a shopper. As I've indicated in my profile.

This is what I read:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/176/11...omparison.aspx

I'm not the one whose pissed in your wheates folks, I just walked by and seen the yellow milk aftermath in that review above
I still find it funny that journalists will try to categorize the KTM Adventure bikes as a large sized Adventure bike along with the BMW GS12, Super T, and Duc Multi 12. Ha, that's such a riot of misproportionate comparisons

The KTM LC8 Adventure is a midsized bike, and should be compared to the BMW GS8 and Triumph 800.

I you want a bike that outperforms the BMW GS12 and the SuperT, then of course you'd choose the KTM 1190.

Here's a leap at explaining the comparisons between the BMW GS12, the Super T, and the KTM 990:

What riding surface does a rider want to feel less fatigued riding and what riding surface are they willing to work harder riding as a trade off...

BMW GS12... An average rider will feel the most fatigue on a rougher riding surface then smoother tarmac over longer distances traveled. On tarmac the bike is at it's most plush for longer distance riding.

Super T... An average rider will feel more fatigue on a rougher riding surface then smoother tarmac. On tarmac the bike is more plush then rougher riding surfaces for longer distances.

KTM Adventure LC8... An average rider will feel less fatigue on rougher riding surfaces for longer distances.
And the bike will be less plush on longer distances on tarmac.

You simply decide what riding surface you want more of an advantage on and what riding surface you are willing to put forth more effort.

And as far as buying a KTM... buy a 950 with low miles.