Thread: About Schmidt
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #1345
Padmei OP
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,454
Quite often I have pondered upon the magic music possesses that can transport the listener back in time to the first time they heard a tune or a significant event.
I first heard this sitting in the wood-paneled dining room of my brothers house in front of a fire while the grey skies closed in outside. There were white cans of Steinlager, pouches of Port Royal & the talk was of recently finished paintball warfare.

Blind Faith - Had to cry today

The kids starting back at school heralds a shift back to the normality of regular life. This summer has been a good one for riding but not as productive in the workshop.

I have had a few rides around the Nelson Marlborough area including Mt Patriarch, Golden bay a few times, over the old maungatapu track & around Wairoa Gorge & the Moutere.

Unfortunately I didn't get to the Dusty Butt which in hindsight is disappointing however made the call at the time with the best knowledge I had that was indicating a cold wet time was to be expected. From the pics & reports it may have been the best one yet.

A highlight ride I undertook was revisiting Mt Patriarch on a hot dry clear day with a mate Steve. He trailered over his YZ450 & met me at the Wairau bridge.
I rate the road in to Lake Chalice & Mt Pat as a fantastically fun road. The surface has a clay base with a scattering of light gravel with many tight corners but few butt clenchers.

Here's Steve

Lake Chalice

Yours truly

View of the Wairau from the top

The carpark. We went for a walk to the top of a couple of the closer peaks but not to the top

Schmidt cooling down

It was scorching hot as we rode down. The temps must have been in the mid 30s.
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote