View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
Duchunter OP
One track mind

Oddometer: 101
yurts

During morning coffee and stories at Alfonsinas we discovered one of the fellows was an original racer in the 1000 in 1967, better yet he was a class winner and 3rd overall! Chuck raced a 2wd jeep in 67, after 30 hrs he and partner finished 3rd overall behind one buggy and one bike. What a wealth of Baja knowledge, Chuck talked like he knew every rock in Baja. He and his group were making a reuse resurrection of old trail from Gonzega to bay of LA.

Anyhow, we were off for Coco interactions. After $2.00 cokes and stories we continued onto MX1. Air up the tires again and point Em south. A stop for lunch and a stop for fuel put us into San Ignacio pretty early, returning to the Yurts was something to look forward to. It's warm and sunny so a kayak trip up stream to the "hot springs", they are not hot but worth a exploration trip.

Back to the yurt for a hot tub and cold Pacifico! Terri is not doing dinners on Thurs nights but their daughter has started a restaurant just off the squar, Tootsies. It's great.

The roosters are crowing and I'm sitting by the remains of last nights campfire with coffee and iPad. Others are starting to appear and breakfast smells awesome.

Mom and other friends from Sedona have driven the car down to join us so today we are all going out to the lagoon to pet the whales. Dad and I will be riding our bikes out, on watch for idiots on the wrong side of the road.

Tonight is dinner at the yurts and tomorrow dad and I point em south again.

Another great day ahead.
Duchunter is offline   Reply With Quote