Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #6181
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Happy winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post
Hey!
I'm finally getting caught up on my ADV reading and am happy to see the progress of this Ride Report.

I've ridden through where you are now. I recognize the Stage Coach stop and the stream crossing. It's part of the CDT right?

Anyway.
Good to see the Mobius is still "On".

Be well Dr. and LDF.

Q~
Yeah, "progress" is one way of putting it. Another would be "slow " I believe we overlapped the CDT on that little section, 'cause Scott seemed to remember the water hazard and said it was too deep to mess with. In other news, Bellevue opened yesterday, so I'm back home at the mother ship. Spent the last couple days getting caught up with administrative office crap. And now we have a blizzard bearing down on us. What is it with the weather these days. Damn geopolitical warming. Did you get a sled for X-mas, Q?

[QUOTE=Hootowl;20674329]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
The S95 LDF carries has some dust on the sensor now, the Achilles heel of the compact zoom. I'm not sure it's worth it to have it serviced.

The movement of the zoom sucks air & dust into the camera and onto the sensor.
I had dust on the sensor of my Panasonic ZS-3. I found that it was easy to take the cover off and clean the sensor. You have to work slow and methodical.
Richard
You mean like this?

This was back in '07 on our Nova Scotia trip. Never did get it back together working. The rye didn't help much, but tasted good.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote