View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #28
Tin Woodman OP
Mike

Oddometer: 196
It's a long weekend here and I will dive into this little project in a few hours - should be ample photos by Sunday.

Kai Ju, your offer is tempting and only a short drive up the I-5! I'll check out the local market first for a used cam, etc.

Think I'll take this opportunity to re-do the rear seal. Don't worry, Bill - I've been warned about blocking the crank. Sounds like death if you skip this step. Any other booby traps anyone can think of before I start the tear down? If I'm taking off the rockers, might as well at least pull the heads. I'm attempting this all without removing the engine case from the frame. Am I kidding myself?

Disston, good point about the valve lifters.

I've got some reading to do re: 308 cams - was this an emissions issue? Performance? Pinging?

Finally, and on a totally unrelated subject, what should my approach be to unleaded gas? I hear adding a small amount of avgas at each fill up will solve the problem - does anyone actually do that? Or do you recommend a conversion? I'm sure this subject has been covered a million times here and you're all rolling your eyes. . .

This is going to take a lot of beer.

Tin Woodman screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 05:04 PM
Tin Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote