View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #499
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,841
I attended a Mountain Trail Riders meeting yesterday. They have a new & much improved website: http://mountaintrailriders.org/ . Doe Mountain OHV is moving along. The "soft opening" is scheduled for April 6th. "Soft opening" means that they are opening, but plan to continue adding new trails. I volunteered to help track all the existing trails with a GPS, explore & clear new trails, and make beer runs. ;) They have a highly detailed topo map that a university professor & grad students created, and will continue revising as their class project.

I've also been exploring & clearing trails across the valley on Stone Mtn., on my own some. I've been haling the ATV & chainsaw over, since it's been too cold & nasty for riding motorcycles. I just bought a GPS, but don't know how to use it yet.

Here's a shot of my "woods tractors" right before the last big snow. I realize a lot of bikers think ATVs stuck, but they are pretty handy, and go through mud & snow easily. I just got new tires on the red one, and now it will climb hills with 8" of snow that are pretty challenging on a bike after a good rain.

My wife has mentioned that our house would probably get finished quicker if I'd stop playing so often.... She might be right.

GlennR screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 03:32 PM
GlennR is online now   Reply With Quote