View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #87
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Watched the sun rise and then headed up the hill into town to Frankies where we were going to get a traditional breakfast. Before we headed into town we spotted a sea turtle that had come up to lay its eggs. Dumbass was at the wrong beach…..you’re supposed to be about 10 miles further south silly turtle. Back into the ocean it swam.

Quesadilla’s with homemade tortillas and local cheeses…..and salsa made right on the spot. Our cook had soaked the maze to break down the enzymes the night before so it was ready for the “stone grinding” process before being pressed flat. Really a fantastic process cooking on the earthen clay fire stove.

Then we hopped on the bikes and cruised south to stop in a see the local beaches that Franky grew up on. The first was where the turtles all come to lay their eggs.

The last stop was the swimming hole where Franky learned to swim. It was my favorite. Up high on the south hill is a lighthouse. Centrally located on a rock formation is a Palapa for drinks and a view. To the north is an inlet where the ocean is calm and deep for swimming. The crescent shaped nook of white sand beach is lined with Palapas but nobody dining.

We order more ceviche and cerveza’s. Finally decide to get into the water. Alex and I have been in Mexico for 2 weeks now and have not set foot into the ocean. Pathetic huh? Well, within 3 minutes of swimming around I get stung by a jelly fish. I’ve been stung before in Australia so I know the feeling. This one wasn’t too bad at all but left a line of red dots along my forearm with a nice stinging feeling. A little lime juice and it subsided pretty quickly.

Back to La Ticla the sun was setting and I was beat. After a garlic fried fish dinner I passed out in the hammock.
I can’t tell Franky thank you enough because this experience has been the highlight of the trip thus far. Salud!

'01 DRZ 400

Oregon to Argentina on the Dizzer:
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote