View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #88
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Today we got back on the bikes and road to Troncones. Only 120 miles or so but we didnít hear good things about Zihautenajo or Ixtapa and those were the only other towns we were willing to ride to.

I stopped in the middle of highway just to take this picture because I have seen the Shawshank Redemption at least 10 times. Great movie.

Arrived early afternoon and immediately got flagged down by a guy in a Jetta who said he has a hotel. How much? $25. Cool weíll take a look. Follow him back to his place. Itís about Ĺ mile out of main hotel territory, it has a pool, decent parking for the bikes, WiFi, and looks clean on the surface. Sure weíll take it.

One of our biggest downfalls is getting to a town and spending 2 hours in the sweltering heat trying to find a place to stay with everything we need (WiFi, good parking, semi-clean). Otherwise you might as well camp.

We settle in and the place is crawling with ants. Not that big of deal. Hang by the pool and do the email thing. Back in the room I spy a giant rat turd on my bed. This bums me out. I wish we would have checked the other hotels. Especially because they were all in a row, on the beach, and we got in early.

Then ride into town and get tortillas, beans, canned hot peppers, and spoil ourselves with sour cream and a little chorizo sausage. Cooked dinner in the outside kitchen and finished up with the internet.

Brushing my teeth and go to spit in the sink and there is an ant the size of pinky finger pulling some large egg looking thing up out of the drain. I donít like this place. I roll out the tent on my bed, unzip the door and climb in. Rats can scurry all over me tonight.

'01 DRZ 400

Oregon to Argentina on the Dizzer:
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote