View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #169
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Comfort is different for everyone,my 1200 Triumph is a nice upright all day comfortable traveling bike,slight lean forward. Most cruisers put you bang upright over the seat if not leaning backwards a little. Having the pegs way forward means no standing up to stretch and move around.
A straight up and down spine cant absorb bumps so they just give it a good jarring.
You wont find many ironbutt riders lounging on cruisers.

But of course everyone is different. Honda is trying something new again,maybe it will sell.
you're right, everyone is different. I had the privilege of putting a bunch of miles on Trophy 900's and 1200's. Great bikes, but I didn't like the lean onto the handlebars. Most cruisers AND most luxury tourers put you bang upright over the seat. Goldwings and Electra Glides are favorites of the IBA crowd. A friend of mine did 1600 miles on his E-Glide a few years ago.

I am sure Honda knows much more about what most riders consider a comfortable ride. Unfortunately they are all "one size fits all" until the owner starts changing things around to better fit them. I'm thinking the CTX700 needs a floorboard kit.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote