Thread: About Schmidt
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #1355
Padmei OP
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by innathyzit View Post
I have my old gas tank here if you wanna see if that fits.
Hmm lets see at last look Schmidt was wearing
Lifan front guard

Suzuki GSXR front brake caliper

KLR 650
Clutch perch, front brake MC & lever, seat, wiring loom

Yamaha R1 exhaust

Methven choke controls

A pretty good even mixture i thought The only ones being left out are Honda & KTM. Oh well I'm sure they'll be alright knowing they're missing out.

Finished my tool roll too. Now to make up the saddle bags. I'm thinking western style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
Do you have a mount on the timing case to support the front of the starter? That should be there...The Valeos don't have those because weight wasn't such an issue.
Yes but strangely enough it wasn't bolted on. I bolted it on and then the squealing started so left it off thinking it may somehow be disaligning the starter & teeth but after cleaning the starter the squealing stopped. so I will rebolt it later.

I'm still waiting for my gearbox bits to come back from the machine shop - after a month. I may have to stop being mr laid-back 'just do it when you have time, no urgent hurry etc etc' as it always seems to backfire on me. If it's not done next week I may have to do the humiliating go in & pick it up & take it to someone else thing.

The gaiter is still ripped to shreds & the duct tape has come off so I will have to retape it till my gearbox is ready to be reinstalled.
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote