View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #146
hysterwv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Nice

What are your thoughts on the 12 so far? Anything I should look out for?
You can certainly tell that it's "decontented" especially when compared to models like the CC. But you have to consider that it's a great "value". My SE sunroof was under $28k. It fits the bill perfectly for my 1,000 mile/week pace. I live and drive throughout the mountains of appalachia at average speeds of 75 mph and I'm still averaging 42 mpg. I've seen up to 51 mpg on a 100 mile stretch of state highway (65 mph) in Ohio. The torque delivery at highway speeds is wonderful.

The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, especially when starting from a stop. You have to remember that it's a computer controlled manual transmission and learn to drive it as a manual without a clutch. Keep in mind that that the 40k mile service will be a doosey. DSG service is recommended at that time.

The only real complaint I have is the crappy OEM Hankook tires. I always buy high-end Michelins and these OE tires just plain suck in comparison. They're loud and have less than stellar performance in wet conditions. Snow is downright scary.
hysterwv is offline   Reply With Quote