View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #54
Gliga OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiorgioXT View Post
Excellent report and pics !

Obituary of a former female soldier of Partizan army?
More likely a supporter of partisan, communist, ideology. Doesn't mean she was actually a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC0861 View Post
Love the pics, I have had the privilege to spend some time over there. Wonderful scenery and people make it my favorite place on earth to date.....The catch... I HATE MINES! and I was always acutely paranoid of leaving the road....I watched a deer step on a mine....I will never walk off a road or trail anywhere there again
Mines present a danger only in Bosnia, and probably Kosovo. No parts of Serbia or Montenegro are "infected". And then, again, with some info you can gather from locals you should have pretty good idea which areas are safe and which should be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanveen View Post
Beautiful country, beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them, and your prose is wonderful, I have a friend who is Serbian, he is from Pirot, although he speaks fluent english I know how much he hates to read and write in english, you must be an educated man
Is your friend from Pirot a biker and if he is what's his name? I had some great experiences with bikers from Pirot on a trip after this. You'll have to wait and read about it :)

As for the English language. It takes me some time to switch into English-writing mode. Reading in English is totally natural for me. Different structure of sentences, comparing to Serbian, can confuse me sometimes when I'm writing (and the thing is, I'm not that great when it comes to story telling even in Serbian). Important thing is that I'm usually able to express what I want :)
Gliga is offline   Reply With Quote