View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #308
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,541
I definitely agree with that. I have always suspected that KTM has a different view of warranty work than the Big Four. Which is in turn probably based on experience. The Big Four know they are going to sell to a lot n00bs that are going to want everything fixed. Anybody remember the n00b posting here about the paint rubbing off the footpeg on his new CRF250L? He wanted it repainted under warranty.

But people that are paying the higher costs for a Euro dual sport and ride what is generally a more user intensive bike generally have been around the block a time or two. I suspect KTM knows they are not going to see many warranty claims for any of the emissions stuff. Especially since it is mostly going to be in a box garage in the garage. So, as said, they tack it on in a fashion good enough to pass certification.

At least KTM finally stopped putting turn signal and lights on the same way. The Baja Designs kit on my MXC is actually better stuff than the oem lights and handlebar switches on my 640.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 05:53 AM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote