View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #3332
UnclebudinTX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Cross-posting from Perfect Line...
An inmate friend is riding in the Central Mexico / Copper Canyon area. (Ding dong is out riding to Batopilas on a Wee-Strom, as if it were a Real Adventure Bike ).

Yesterday he hit the 'Custom' button on his SPOT 2 several times, which he's using to mean "not in need of help, but not completely OK", when he was stopped dealing with a flat tire and a couple other issues. None of them came through, although his OK and tracking points did. On previous trips (inside ConUS), Custom messages have come through fine.

To be clear: I don't just mean nobody got notified- The messages didn't come trhough. They're not logged in the SPOT database, with the tracking and OK messages.

Anyone have any experience with sending the 'Custom' message from a Spot 2 in that region? Either his device is malfunctioning, or whatever hardware and software is between him and the SPOT facility doesn't handle them.
Many have posted a similar experience.. and i always wonder... if they pushed the button long enough to get the confirmation "flashing button"...???? It is hard to see in bright light and almost impossible to do with gloves on (especially winter gloves) .. I have not had a problem with messages getting through... i have pushed the button and no confirmation flashing button so i pushed again..
1979 Kawasaki KZ1000st (sold)
1991 Harley XLHsporty 883 (sold)
UnclebudinTX is offline   Reply With Quote