View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #63
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Rainman, I started plotting out a route that ties together the new paved twisty road in LBL to 232. That should be a fun ride. I think that the new road in LBL is even more fun than 232.

I'm seeing Piney @ $12 a night, same as the other locations. Divide it up by 2 and it's $6 each. I have no problem with Piney or Turkey Bay. Was thinking along the lines of Troy, choosing something more centralized and less populated. Piney gets packed quickly, at least the electric loops that my in-laws RV on.

If we stay at Turkey Bay, would we have to pay to camp and to ride there, even if we don't ride there? That'd be bad for anyone that doesn't want to ride there. I've not ridden there before so might give the big loop a go, but I'm not a very big technical rider myself.
Turkey bay is do-able on a KLR as long as it's DRY. Even the easy trail has some technical parts with things like wash outs, alot of baby heads, gravel covered up & down hills that will make you think you're riding on marbles. Most of the easy trail (marked with gold diamond) would be fun for you but, there would definately be some challenges. Add a few days of heavy rain & I wouldn't touch it with a KLR though.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote