View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
blitzkreig
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
You never mentioned what camera or phone you have ...

I just sync my camera (or its SD card) to my iPhone (or iPad) directly and by the time that transfer is complete it is already in the iCloud safe and sound. I can delete my local storage to make more room and it stays in the iCloud.

If I am on the road and my wife is at home she can look at the pictures as soon as the load is complete.

If I have used my phone I can also access to them immediately by my iPad. The little doohickey which plugs into the iPad or iPhone for the SD card is a couple bucks off of eBay.

I do often carry a very small wifi router (by TRENDnet) for those places I run into which only have wired Ethernet. . The router size is about the size of a large packet of paper matches. So with every optional cable and connector it is about the size of a small paperback book. Less than $40 off of Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-300Mb.../dp/B002G1CLS0

Local storage is dying a rather rapid death ... in the Cloud storage is dropping in cost very rapidly. The more you buy the cheaper it is ..

blitzkreig screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 07:06 PM
blitzkreig is offline   Reply With Quote