View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
warp9man OP
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 552
Steve,
This is Patty (kevin's wife). I havent rode on the back of a gs so I cant say how it compares to the 990. My experience on the 950 and 990 is very good. I find it more comfortable than a vstar 1100 or a zx12000, lol. The stock 950 seat that was well broke in was pretty comfotable. The stock 990 gel seat had the same profile but was very firm on a long ride which required me to stand up on occasion. We tried seat concepts seat and renazco but both were uncomfortable for me and had me sliding forward downhill into kevin and putting my hips in a weird position. Both seats were good for kevin. We just had a seat custom made so I sit much more level and a bit wider for me. On the 3000 mile trip it was great.
I have a trunk box that acts like a back rest. That is a must. The footpeg position is great allowing me to stand up fully on the pegs to stretch or offroad. I use the saddlebag mounts for handles if he has to brake hard or something. I fall asleep on the bike, lol.
My biggest comfort is knowing the bike handles very well, especially offroad. Having a bike act nervous would detour me from wanting to ride as a passenger more than anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
warp9man is offline   Reply With Quote