View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #56
norschweger OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
riding again

Finally I could leave the concrete jungle of Mexico City, what a blessing! Bike is riding well again, only hesitating , especially when cold. Mechanic says he set the carbs for an average altitude of the trip to come and that this would make the gas/air-mix too thick right now. What I do not understand is, the average is actually about the altitude of Mexico City, if I consider the Andes and the sea level. I hope that he did not count that much with the extreme altitudes down there and that it will ride better as soon as I get towards the beaches of Oaxaca: ) You cannot believe how good it feels to be on the move and flexible again, especially after all the ups and downs (both mentally and baggage-wise). Good side is that I know the bike ways better now, many other things have been checked, cleaned, replaced...found a good mechanic in the end: Jorge at Altavista! He knows the 950s and he has ideas!!even built!! a new gas pump in his freetime. Turned out that I did not need it cause the failure was in the ignition lock, which he also fixed, por supuesto. But for the peace of mind I took a mechanic fuel pump from him, as a spare.
The fight with KTM was even successful in the end and some bills were completely covered, including a wolfman-gas-bottle-holder-set : ) If you ever need a KTM-dealer in Mexico, try to make it to Mexico City, to Altavista, NOT to Queretaro and Leon. The first-mentioned is a complete mess, the second might be good with mx, but not with 2 cylindres! And, if all fails: I have the numbers and mails to KTM Austria and Mexico ; ) You just have to be a pain in their asses, then sth.happens! (looooong story)

norschweger screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 09:16 PM
norschweger is offline   Reply With Quote