View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #9
schattat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,419
Next step was to fabricate the new stabiliser bars between the two nav tower plates. I couldn't use the ones out of the KTM catalogue since the spacing between the plates was a little smaller than stock, but no problem lathing them quickly:

Same goes for the rubber mounts for the roadbook support plate, had to get different height model and place washers to fit them correctly:

Good fit now (450RR plate):

Added control lights:

As for headlights, I had a look around and finally came around to getting some LEDs ones. I chose the one sold my ADVmonster, very nice units and SUPER bright. Had to fabricate some spacers tohave the correctly fit the width to fit the fairing later:

First fitting attempt:

Final fit:

Let there be light:

Excuse the messy table:

One problem that did occur with the forged alloy parts from KTm was the steering angle was to large. Instead of the bottom of the triple clamps stopping he turning angle by hitting the stopper on the frame, the forks would do the job. Here you can see the space missing when the forks touched the forged parts:

I solved this by drilling holes into the stoppers on the bottom clamps and fitting some screws inside, therefore limiting the steering angle a tad. Similar principle to what many bikes have to adjust the steering angle. Unfortunately these Japanese MX derived bikes don't have that. Pics to follow!

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec
schattat is offline   Reply With Quote