View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #32
jprism OP
Got Miles & Smiles

Oddometer: 79
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
I am planning a few trips to Alaska this year. I might be able to squeeze in one more if my wife will let get away for that long. I live pretty close to Nashville so it would be easy for us to meet up. Just be prepared for mosquitos, lots of mosquitos, that are large enough to carry away a small dog. I have to take my wife up there at some point this spring/summer because I'm trying to convince her to make the move. I also promised a buddy that we'd take a motorcycle trip up there this year but don't have any dates planned yet.

I spent the months of August - November 2012 touring AK by motorcycle and didn't see the Northern Lights until October. These were taken October 12th and I was told they were the best they've been in 30-40 years in the Mat-Su valley.

If you click on one of the pictures it should take you to my smugmug gallery for more images.
Hey Brett...Spent a lot of time in Brandon/Jackson area. My former business partner lives there. He owns T. Ables footwear store in the North Park area. Anyway my plans are to leave Nashville on Tuesday June 11th and ride up through Regina, Edmonton, etc to Beaver Creek YT the cross into Alaska to spend 13 days roaming around and then return down BC 37 Cassiar hiway to 16 east over to Jasper/Banff NP then back into the US through Roosville MT to Glacier NP. From Glacier NP head to the house. Hope to do this in 31 days. I have campground reservations in Denali, Jasper/Banff and Glacier so am kind of stuck with these dates. Let me know if you are interested?

Jim Ryan
Tennessee Traveler #41
Double Darkside #1164
"Got Miles!"
jprism is offline   Reply With Quote